- Send in your nomination by 10 December 2018
- Winners will be announced on 12 March 2019 during World ATM Congress in Madrid
Jane’s is proud to announce that it will again hold its industry-leading ATC Awards ceremony on the first day of World ATM Congress in 2019.
Held annually since 2001, the ATC Awards are a unique opportunity for the airspace management community to recognise major achievements in boosting capacity, safety, and efficiency – on the ground as well as in the air – as well as efforts to improve environmental performance.
Entries are free of charge and open to organisations in all areas of the global ATC community, be they national air navigation service providers, large-scale industry partnerships, or new entrants to the sector.
The deadline for nominations is 10 December 2018 . A panel of experts from IATA, ICAO, IFATCA, SESAR JU, FAA, Eurocontrol, and IHS Markit will assess the entries before shortlisting them into the following five categories mentioned below. Jane’s will reveal the shortlisted nominations in January, before the winners are announced on 12 March 2019 during World ATM Congress in Madrid.
ATC Awards 2019 – the categories
- Enabling Technology: for contributions to enhanced capacity and safety
- Environment: to recognise work on green ATM concepts
- Technology: for small enterprises that have raised ATM performance
- Service Provision: for contributions to safe and efficient airspace management
- Runway: for safety and efficiency on the runway and final approach
You can nominate your own organisation/company or a third party. Nominations are limited to one per organisation, although you can be named as a partner in other entries.
The judges award points for the following:
- An improvement in safety, capacity, and efficiency that is quantified
- A customer assessment of the performance of a product or service
- A new concept that delivers measurable benefit
- Activity which goes beyond the scope of normal operations by an organisation or individual
- Collaborative activity that results in cost savings, sharing best practice, and improving safety
- Innovation in any area of air traffic control
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a nomination form or enquire for more information about the ATC Awards. Completed forms can be sent to the same email address, or posted to Jane's Airport Review , 163 Brighton Road, Coulsdon, Surrey, CR5 2YH, United Kingdom.
We will also send out regular reminders on Twitter, so remember to join the Jane’s Airport feed @IHS4Airport !